And, since there's such a great big community of Halloween enthusiasts, I thought I'd cover something for the day AFTER Halloween.
As you run errands (ie, go from Walmart to Target to CVS to Rite Aid buying 50% off Halloween candy), you're bound to need a caffeinated pick-me-up, if you're anything like me. I drink my coffee black, so I typically bypass the packets of sugar, honey, lemon, etc, but recently I paused and snagged a handful, since there were packets of Sugar in the Raw. I already knew what was gonna happen.
BEAUTY TO-GO: Lemon-Honey-Sugar Scrub
Tools: fork and shot glass (I made mine a facial scrub, so only used a small amount).
1. Pour the lemon into the EVOO
2. Mix until well combined
3. Add the honey, and stir
4. Add the sugar
This amount was perfect for my face and neck. I massaged the sugar rocks gently over my skin, and rinsed with warm water. I must say, when rinsing, my skin felt oily still from the scrub and I was worried I'd need to use my facial cleanser after, but once I dried off with a towel, my skin felt incredibly smooth, clean, and moisturized - not oily at all.
- Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families provides tips on staying actively involved in the campaign for Safe Chemicals. There's more to politics than debates..
- For those who love a good face mask, Truthinaging.com ranks their top 5 picks. Bee venom? Now I have to try that one..
- This company packages their hair care products in bottles that customers can plant in the ground - the bottles grow into acacia trees! Talk about green packaging..
- The EWG found formaldehyde, a known carcinogen, in a brand of cleaning products marketed as "Safe for babies". Read the story for the brand name..
- The Louis Vuitton - Moët Hennessy symposium in September focused on sustainable sourcing of raw materials for cosmetics. Louis Vuitton has a Director of Scientific Communication?!
Those were my top 5 stories for the week ... what are some of yours?